Inoffizielle Völker Strategien der Hoax Strategien der Aqua Strategien der Pillar Strategien der Mimix Strategien der Flit Strategien der Khind Strategien der Terrah Strategien der Vulca Home
 Home  •  Blue Moon Fans Foren-Übersicht  •  Blue Moon Ligen  •  Download  •  Album  •  Suchen  •  Letzte Themen
Profil  •  Lesezeichen  •  Neue Beiträge  •  Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen  •  Login  •  Registrieren
Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Lachwurzn
Gott der Signaturen
Gott der Signaturen

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 07 Jan, 2005 09:28  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Lachwurzn hat folgendes geschrieben:
Sorry, I accidentally hit Edit rather than Reply, didn't notice I had and because I'm moderator here, it let me stomp all over your posting. I hope if I leave this here you can rebuild it. The quotations in my following piece are from what once was here. Now I know I can do that, I'll try to be more careful in future.

Christopher Dearlove

No problem. I'm also moderator for certain forum sections and this has happened to me twice already.
There's no need to rebuild anything as you quoted my original text (and they were by no means worldshaking anyway)...

Lachwurzn

Widder Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von LachwurznBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
kilrah
Gott der Taktiken
Gott der Taktiken

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 07 Jan, 2005 12:11  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Actually, Dearlove, I'd consider taking that card into my deck. Any card that comes with a free symbol (a leadership card is almost the same here) and has 0 moons has its uses, if only to have a fast depleting deck.

Krebs Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von kilrahBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
KivasFajo
Blue Moon Leader***
Blue Moon Leader***

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 07 Jan, 2005 14:14  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Sorry, I think no one said that this card would have a FREE symbol.

Zwillinge Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von KivasFajoBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchenYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ-Nummer
JeffK
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

usa.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 07 Jan, 2005 15:44  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

KivasFajo hat folgendes geschrieben:

His point was that Leadership cards are so easy to play that they might as well have a FREE symbol on them. They are, in fact, easier to play than cards with FREE symbols since you can even play them before retreating. Thus, they're pretty good for running out your deck.

Jeff K.

OfflinePersönliche Galerie von JeffKBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
KivasFajo
Blue Moon Leader***
Blue Moon Leader***

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 07 Jan, 2005 17:34  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Okay, you are right. I misunderstood his sentence.
However, as you cannot play more than one leadership card per turn, having many leadership cards (i.e. more than five) in your deck comes with a risk of getting a blocked hand.

Zwillinge Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von KivasFajoBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchenYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ-Nummer
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 07 Jan, 2005 20:56  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

KivasFajo hat folgendes geschrieben:
However, as you cannot play more than one leadership card per turn, having many leadership cards (i.e. more than five) in your deck comes with a risk of getting a blocked hand.

Funny you should mention that ...

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 07 Jan, 2005 21:02  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

JeffK hat folgendes geschrieben:

His point was that Leadership cards are so easy to play that they might as well have a FREE symbol on them. They are, in fact, easier to play than cards with FREE symbols since you can even play them before retreating. Thus, they're pretty good for running out your deck.
[/quote]
They don't of course add to the cards in your combat/support area, which is the other major benefit of FREE cards.

In effect the question is would you take a zero moon Leadership card with the text "This card has no effect"? As a related question, would you pay a moon for a FREE support card with zero values and no text?

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
JeffK
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

usa.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 07 Jan, 2005 22:59  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Dearlove hat folgendes geschrieben:

They don't of course add to the cards in your combat/support area, which is the other major benefit of FREE cards. In effect the question is would you take a zero moon Leadership card with the text "This card has no effect"? As a related question, would you pay a moon for a FREE support card with zero values and no text?

Certainly free characters/booster/support cards have advantages over leadership cards. They're generally better if you think you're going to win a fight, thus helping you get the 2 dragon win. Leadership, however, is certainly better if you want to retreat, since you can play one before retreating but can't play a character.

Would I take a 0 moon "blank" leadership or a 1 moon "blank" character?Definitely not in reply to both. The moons savings just wouldn't make up for the lack of impact of the card. Especially since there are zero moon characters that actually have fire/earth values, and some very nice 1 moon leaderships (Enthrall Opposition and Distract Holy Dragon, for example). Your opponent would not have their play forced in any direction, which is just not a good strategy. While support cards are, generally, more valuable than booster cards (for example), that's because their effects last an entire fight instead of one turn. Remove those effects and they become of equal value. The relative values of character vs. booster vs. support vs. leadership are based on the assumption that these cards will have some sort of effect on your opponent's play. The concept of a "blank" card is so foreign to the game that I don't know that it has much value when discussing the relative worth of the different types of cards. At least, based on the current playing environment, that is. Wink

All this, of course, is assuming that running out your deck is what you want to do in the first place, and does not take into account the specific texts one might find on said cards (not the theoretical "blank" ones), or the specific situations that one might find oneself in. Smile

Jeff K.

OfflinePersönliche Galerie von JeffKBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
kilrah
Gott der Taktiken
Gott der Taktiken

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 08 Jan, 2005 11:39  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

For some races (Hoax mainly) I'd consider paying a moon for "a FREE support card with zero values and no text" in order to reach the 6 Card limit for 2 Dragons? Of course it largely depends on the deck building strategy. I actually would prefer a booster however.

Krebs Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von kilrahBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 08 Jan, 2005 12:40  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

kilrah hat folgendes geschrieben:
I'd consider paying a moon for "a FREE support card with zero values and no text" in order to reach the 6 Card limit for 2 Dragons? I actually would prefer a booster however.

Why a booster? Both count towards six cards of course. The support has the minor advantage of not messing up the Khind, but that's incidental (I trimmed your quote above). They are differently vulnerable to removal cards (I haven't checked which are more vulnerable, boosters or supports - actually perhaps I should, although if this is your reason you can tell me). Other than those points I can't see a major difference when the card has no effect.

JeffK
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

usa.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 08 Jan, 2005 17:31  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

For some races (Hoax mainly) I'd consider paying a moon for "a FREE support card with zero values and no text" in order to reach the 6 Card limit for 2 Dragons? Of course it largely depends on the deck building strategy. I actually would prefer a booster however.

Why, when there are one moon boosters and supports that actually DO something? Fireblast which is a 3/2 booster only costs 1 moon. Flickering Fires is a 1/1 support that also prevents your opponent from playing leadership cards, and only costs 1 moon. And this is just from the Vulca deck. Not to mention the two zero moon Mimix boosters (1/2 and 2/1 respectively). Given current card environment, putting any blank cards into your deck just doesn't make any sense, as far as I can see.

Jeff K.

kilrah
Gott der Taktiken
Gott der Taktiken

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 08 Jan, 2005 19:02  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

@Dearlove:
Indeed I think that booster are less vulnerable. There are less cards that affect them I think. Also most cards can only attack active cards, so again a booster is saver. Finally most people take anti-support cards, while only few take anti booster cards (unless it is free for their race).

@JeffK:
Its all about the free symbol. When I am the starting player and all goes well I need 4 rounds to get 2 Dragons. With that booser I'd be there in 3. Granted I might pick Mindstorm or the Flit Multi Booster card instead which also cost 1 Moon IIRC. But I would 'loose' a card in hand that way and need to wait for a proper matching card which might be a disadvantage. I do not claim I would take such a card ANYTIME, far from it. But I see some uses for the card.

Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 08 Jan, 2005 19:52  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Indeed I think that booster are less vulnerable. There are less cards that affect them I think. Also most cards can only attack active cards, so again a booster is saver. Finally most people take anti-support cards, while only few take anti booster cards (unless it is free for their race).

Actually as far as I can see, this isn't exactly so. I find 2 cards (T29, A30) which affect cards in combat area, hence only boosters and 4 (V14, K06, K07, T19) which affect both (one only with icons, but that applies here). Preventing you playing them the are 3 which affect both (H13, H26, T12/16 as appropriate), 2 which only affect boosters (M28, F10) and 1 which only affects supports (K26).

Lachwurzn
Gott der Signaturen
Gott der Signaturen

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 08 Jan, 2005 19:54  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

@Dearlove:
Indeed I think that booster are less vulnerable. There are less cards that affect them I think.

Actually, I just checked all exisiting official cards and found that 7 of them affect booster cards and 7 of them affect support cards. So it's a draw.
But it is correct that most cards can only attack active cards, so a booster is "more safe" theoretically.

Widder Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von LachwurznBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum herunterladen

Forensicherheit

213982 Angriffe abgewehrt

Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde