Inoffizielle Völker Strategien der Hoax Strategien der Aqua Strategien der Pillar Strategien der Mimix Strategien der Flit Strategien der Khind Strategien der Terrah Strategien der Vulca Home
 Home  •  Blue Moon Fans Foren-Übersicht  •  Blue Moon Ligen  •  Download  •  Album  •  Suchen  •  Letzte Themen
Profil  •  Lesezeichen  •  Neue Beiträge  •  Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen  •  Login  •  Registrieren
Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
cap
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

canada.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 23 Feb, 2005 19:29  Titel:  Chosen of Nature Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

So what is the consensus in the german forum regarding this card (chosen of nature)? I have been trying to follow the discussion using the auto-translate feature in google but I am missing most of it.

I can't see how the card would be overpowering. I would probably not put it in the deck if I had a choice because I think it would make the game tiresome - but maybe I am missing something.

OfflinePersönliche Galerie von capBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Lachwurzn
Gott der Signaturen
Gott der Signaturen

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 23 Feb, 2005 19:39  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

The consensus more or less is that the card is (surprise, surprise) TIRESOME. We are expecting epic games and the card has therefore been banned from being used within the BlueMoon (official league) online games.

Widder Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von LachwurznBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Revenge
Göttin der Rache
Göttin der Rache

norway.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 23 Feb, 2005 19:47  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Oh, of course we all love the Chosen of Nature!

Okay, okay, that's not right. Meanwhile there are 2 parties: ~50% would love to burn the CoN on a pyre, the other half is defending her. I think a bit more people are FOR this card, but more or less it's in balance. Unfortunately the tournament-chiefs are against it.

I also do not think the CoN is overpowered, but most CoH-enemies are of the opinion that playing this card means a too long duration of game. But nevertheless imho it's not a good idea to forbid it in tournaments.

And leave the inside for demons to take

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Revenge am Mi 23 Feb, 2005 21:29, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Jungfrau Geschlecht:Weiblich Büffel VerstecktPersönliche Galerie von RevengeBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchenICQ-Nummer
cap
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

canada.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 23 Feb, 2005 20:31  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Just curious - if the card is banned, what would you substitute for a game using emmissaries? Just leave it out with no substitute?

OfflinePersönliche Galerie von capBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 23 Feb, 2005 23:30  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Revenge hat folgendes geschrieben:
imho it's not a good idea to forbid it in tournaments.

I agree, and for a reason I can't tell you. (I know what that sounds like, sorry, that's life.)

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
CaptainGen
Blue Moon Leader*
Blue Moon Leader*

sweden.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 23 Feb, 2005 23:53  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Argh! Wink

Skorpion Geschlecht:Männlich Katze OfflinePersönliche Galerie von CaptainGenBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
kilrah
Gott der Taktiken
Gott der Taktiken

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 24 Feb, 2005 11:43  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

As a defender of the CoN my main arguments are those
a) The text on the CoN practically translates into something like this: "now we both discard half of our leadership cards" At least this is the average end result when you play the whole stack of cards two times. A very interesting effect, especially against decks that heavily rely on leadership cards (like decks that buy dragons).

b) Unfortunately it painfully extends gameplay. Especially if only played as a last resource type card (I am loosing, so I play the CoN, no matter how badly suited my deck is for this). My argument is that this is only your loss (crystal wise). Also my argument is that there are enough games that don't have a terminating condition like BM does and that people should learn to aim for a 4 dragon victory against playes with the CoN.

@Dearlove: Can you at least comment if the reason is one we just don't notice or one that will only be revealed in the second inquisitor package? I have the feeling there will be a second choosen one (Pillar probably) or an Intervention that pretty much nullifies the CoN. The reason for asking is mainly this: If we are indeed waiting for a balancing card, then it might be a good idea to temporarily ban the CoN until that card is released.

Krebs Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von kilrahBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
kilrah
Gott der Taktiken
Gott der Taktiken

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 24 Feb, 2005 11:47  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Sorry, bad moderator strikes again. I accidentally edited this post instead of following up to it. Whatever was here I'm afraid I've lost. If the original poster wants to put it back, I'd be grateful.

IIRC I was saying something along the lines of:
cap, we only play by the advabced rules in the league, so the problem of the emmissaries does not arise. I still believe that the choosen ones slightly favour the deck they come from however. Thus the banning of the CoN do weaken the Mimix which does not have a choosen one anymore (but so do the Terrah, the Khind and the Pillar until we get the second Allies set)

Zuletzt bearbeitet von kilrah am Mo 28 Feb, 2005 12:05, insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet
Krebs Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von kilrahBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: So 27 Feb, 2005 19:32  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

I do have this from Reiner Knizia:

"I am of the opinion that there is no need to ban any cards within Blue Moon. They have all been carefully tested and the further development of the game will certainly assume that all cards are in play."

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
Ruwenzori
Gott der eindeutigen Zweideutigkeit
Gott der eindeutigen Zweideutigkeit

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: So 27 Feb, 2005 19:47  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Thank you, Chris.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Ruwenzori am So 27 Feb, 2005 20:41, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Löwe Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von RuwenzoriBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Lachwurzn
Gott der Signaturen
Gott der Signaturen

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: So 27 Feb, 2005 20:32  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Dearlove hat folgendes geschrieben:
I do have this from Reiner Knizia:

"I am of the opinion that there is no need to ban any cards within Blue Moon. They have all been carefully tested and the further development of the game will certainly assume that all cards are in play."

Without ever critisizing the mastermind of BlueMoon, but...

... Reiner most probably did not develop the game for online playing in mind. I believe that nobody wants to ban the CoN from "offline" gaming, but we're talking about a different medium here. There will always be restrictions when playing in other environments -and the implementation of online gaming certainly has an effect on the game "experience" and social interaction.

Widder Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von LachwurznBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: So 27 Feb, 2005 21:59  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Lachwurzn hat folgendes geschrieben:
I believe that nobody wants to ban the CoN from "offline" gaming, but we're talking about a different medium here.

That was Reiner, this is me. I'm asking questions, no more, no less.

The presumed problem is, I take it, that the game may be longer. Do you have any actual statistics to support this (such as average length of matches with zero, one and two CoN cards)? Note that it is definitely matches (to 5 crystals) not games you should be considering as clearly CoN may affect the average number of games per match.

What do you see as the essential difference between the two? Why is an increase in game length (if any) differently acceptable in the two media?

Lachwurzn
Gott der Signaturen
Gott der Signaturen

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 28 Feb, 2005 08:41  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

What do you see as the essential difference between the two? Why is an increase in game length (if any) differently acceptable in the two media?

Because of basic factors for any online solution such as online gaming communication structure, technical implementation of the tool (access, stability, waiting time for turns), emotional identification and expression, personality aspects... to name just a few. This is a science topic on its own.

I don't have any hard data on how long an average (non-CoN) online game takes, but my personal estimate is "at least twice as long as offline face-to-face games".

What do you consider a practical average length for BlueMoon offline games ?

kilrah
Gott der Taktiken
Gott der Taktiken

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 28 Feb, 2005 12:08  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

I believe that nobody wants to ban the CoN from "offline" gaming, but we're talking about a different medium here.

The presumed problem is, I take it, that the game may be longer. Do you have any actual statistics to support this (such as average length of matches with zero, one and two CoN cards)? Note that it is definitely matches (to 5 crystals) not games you should be considering as clearly CoN may affect the average number of games per match.

My opinion exactly. Also there is victory by 4 dragons, so noone has to play through the decks infinitely.
However there is one thing to consider, Dearlove: Currently all league matches (be it offline or online) consist of exactly 2 games. No more no less. Most crystals afterwards win. We do NOT play for 5 crystals currently (this might change with the crystal cards). Therefore we do have the problem of longer games over all.

Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 28 Feb, 2005 20:26  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Because of basic factors for any online solution such as online gaming communication structure, technical implementation of the tool (access, stability, waiting time for turns), emotional identification and expression, personality aspects... to name just a few. This is a science topic on its own.

That's a list of factors which make a difference, it's not an essential difference. But the next point is interesting.
Zitat:

I don't have any hard data on how long an average (non-CoN) online game takes, but my personal estimate is "at least twice as long as offline face-to-face games".

That's not the question I asked (I'll come back to that) but I'm surprised by that ratio. I've only played one game online. I don't recall how long it took, but it was a "learning the interface in action" game, so was quite a bit longer than such a game should take. Clearly the interface is less efficient than reality (that's not a criticism, that's just a matter of some of the factors you identify) but I wouldn't have thought that much. But your experience is much greater than mine.

But that's beside the question I was asking (although relevant combined with it) which is how much difference CoN makes, in your experience. Clearly if it increased playing time by 10% banning it would be overkill. If it increased playing time by 100% the question is different. Note that there's no logic that says it can't reduce playing time - playing to 5 crystals as intended. (Incidentally I can tell you that any official tournament rules will suggest capping your score at 5 crystals, even if you score more, but counting wins first, crystals only as a tie-breaker.) I note the comment following yours in this context.

Zitat:
What do you consider a practical average length for BlueMoon offline games ?

I'm the wrong person to ask here. Almost all of my games have been teaching people to play (which is slower obviously) or playtesting, which has a different dynamic. I note that the game box has 30 minutes, which I would have said was (among experienced players) a longer tough fought game (which they often are) rather than a quick win. But I have no hard facts even from my own games.

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

Forensicherheit

213982 Angriffe abgewehrt

Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde