Inoffizielle Völker Strategien der Hoax Strategien der Aqua Strategien der Pillar Strategien der Mimix Strategien der Flit Strategien der Khind Strategien der Terrah Strategien der Vulca Home
 Home  •  Blue Moon Fans Foren-Übersicht  •  Blue Moon Ligen  •  Download  •  Album  •  Suchen  •  Letzte Themen
Profil  •  Lesezeichen  •  Neue Beiträge  •  Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen  •  Login  •  Registrieren
Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 06 Jan, 2007 01:24  Titel:  Blue Moon: Buka Invasion - a perspective Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Some time ago I said that I might write an article about how the Buka Invasion deck came to be. Well, I wrote it, and tweaked it a bit here and there for a few months, and I'll call it finished. With the approval of some chap whose initials are RK I've made it available on my website: there's a link from the same page as the FAQ at http://www.mnemosyne.demon.co.uk/bgames/bluemoon/

I did consider offering it to some publication, but it's 3500 words (four A4 pages in 11 point - it's a PDF file) and I didn't think I'd find a taker. (Let me know if I'm wrong, whether it's now too late or not.) It's not directly on the Geek deliberately.

Any comments welcome, here or to me directly.

Oh, and since I'm here, I'll mention I will be uploading a new version of the FAQ soon - once I've written the changes up properly. A few "might as well add while I'm here" and one "bother, that really does need an answer" (which I now have agreed by the team).

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
Lachwurzn
Gott der Signaturen
Gott der Signaturen

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 06 Jan, 2007 12:18  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

This is a very interesting article, Christopher. It sure gives a lot of insight about the way the Buka design/development proceeded with a nicely added bonus of some indirect hints on successfully play them.

However, as far as I understand from my own experience (which is based on some offline local tournaments that take place from time to time in similar ways within the German language geography), the Buka deck is not that often used for tournament play.
Thinking about it, it is probably used in the same frequency of occurence as the other 8 decks (i.e. in about 10% of all plays) even though it should be used more often because of its "recentness". Players apparently love one or the other Buka card and have added those to their already existing proven tournament decks, but building a really competitive Buka deck seems to be comparatively hard. But this is a totally different story...

Anyway... thanks again for your interesting paper !

Widder Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von LachwurznBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 06 Jan, 2007 13:10  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Lachwurzn hat folgendes geschrieben:
though it should be used more often because of its "recentness".

Should it be used more because it's novel and (maybe) fun? Or used more because you hope for unfamiliarity by your opponent? Or used less because you are unfamiliar, so it's too much of a gamble? Is the Buka a bit more "all or nothing" than other decks?

Zitat:
building a really competitive Buka deck seems to be comparatively hard.

This is where the assembled pool of players - i.e. you - have more experience than we did/do. After all there are a lot of you, even if we started first! (I mean this applying to all decks, not just the Buka.)

From what I recall of the decks I constructed, my favourite foreign card to put in a ship is Mekarthas the Shrewd. Stops those pesky shields ignoring me. But one card does not a deck make.

The important things really are that it sells (well, Kosmos and Reiner would like that, it doesn't help me!) and that people have fun. (Reiner's standard signoff is "Enjoy".) If it doesn't fit every possible corner (and I have heard no feedback at all on the families) c'est la vie.

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
Lachwurzn
Gott der Signaturen
Gott der Signaturen

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 06 Jan, 2007 13:47  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Dearlove hat folgendes geschrieben:
Lachwurzn hat folgendes geschrieben:
though it should be used more often because of its "recentness".

Should it be used more because it's novel and (maybe) fun? Or used more because you hope for unfamiliarity by your opponent? Or used less because you are unfamiliar, so it's too much of a gamble? Is the Buka a bit more "all or nothing" than other decks?

Actually, all of what you said, but if I had to put some order into it, I'd probably rank it as

1. because it's novel - and players need to gain experience.
2. because I hope for unfamilarity - and the fact that probably only a minimum of players will have any specific anti-Buka measurements within their decks yet.
3. all or nothing - because there is a set of "generic rules" that make a deck successful (which is currently being discussed in another part of this forum) that don't apply too much for the Buka. They somehow feel "alien" from a deckbuilding (not from a background story) point of view.

To give you a specific example... the Buka strategy section within this forum only has 2% of the overall postings within the strategy section (whereas the G&I variants have a combined 20% and all the others approximately about the same 10%) with no real continuity since October (where there was a rush of interest simply because they appeared on the market).

Widder Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von LachwurznBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
mensaman
Blue Moon Leader***
Blue Moon Leader***

sweden.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 06 Jan, 2007 15:35  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Zitat:
but building a really competitive Buka deck seems to be comparatively hard

What an unbounded cheek!

However Lachwurzn is somehow right because it's easy to attack the Buka as a consequence of their huge number of symbols. Cards like Mad Mike Magpie and Impenetrable Fog that work very well in the actual metagame also work against the Buka. Another problem is that it's much too expensive to play the ships outside a Buka deck. Probably the only card finding its way into other decks will be Dolora Paal. Generally it's hard to integrate Buka cards in your existing deck so that you don't have the option to play a deck that mixes the peoples.

Zitat:
From what I recall of the decks I constructed, my favourite foreign card to put in a ship is Mekarthas the Shrewd. Stops those pesky shields ignoring me. But one card does not a deck make.

I guess the best foreign card is Ferro Fos, it stops mutants and Flit that can eventually ignore you. Your opponent's last chances are Wild Unicorn and Aquatic Armor which is never seen outside an Aqua deck.

Thanks for the article!

Unfortunately it's the first time writing in English after finishing school for me, so I apologize for all the mistakes I made Very Happy

Widder Geschlecht:Männlich Büffel OfflinePersönliche Galerie von mensamanBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
trumpetfish
Gott der extremen Themenrelevanz
Gott der extremen Themenrelevanz

italy.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 06 Jan, 2007 20:19  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

The Buka needs time, that's all. They come along with two very new and different elements, bluffing and ships. At the European Championship there weren't much Buka-Decks because the Buka were too new and at first view considered to be countered easily by the usual cards that actually are "en vogue", as they depend mainly on symbols, special functions and the ability of playing support-cards.

Greetings, trumpetfish

Krebs Geschlecht:Männlich Ziege OfflinePersönliche Galerie von trumpetfishBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

Forensicherheit

213996 Angriffe abgewehrt

Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde