Inoffizielle Völker Strategien der Hoax Strategien der Aqua Strategien der Pillar Strategien der Mimix Strategien der Flit Strategien der Khind Strategien der Terrah Strategien der Vulca Home
 Home  •  Blue Moon Fans Foren-Übersicht  •  Blue Moon Ligen  •  Download  •  Album  •  Suchen  •  Letzte Themen
Profil  •  Lesezeichen  •  Neue Beiträge  •  Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen  •  Login  •  Registrieren
Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Pneumonica
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

usa.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 19 März, 2008 03:26  Titel:  Be Khind to Everyone Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

These are the Khind of puns I make...

Anyways, two more questions, both about Khindkind. Let's hope I can post from this computer.

EDIT: Looks like I can. Yay.

First: Three Khind in the decks are not explicitly identified as being gang members. Two aren't character cards - PitPan and the Chosen of Affinity. One is, that being KhindKin, and KhindKin acts in many ways as a gang member for every Khind. This has me wondering - is there a "higher calling" of Khind, a sort of "ultimate, universal gang" that some go to? Thus, PitPan, KhindKin, and the Chosen are considered members of every gang?

Second: Do the Khind gangs have names other than things like "the gang of little dudes with names that begin with No/Top/etc."? Or would you expect people to refer to things like "the Army of No" or the "Hedgerow Tops"? If they do have special names, does anybody know any (other than "obnoxious gits")? And if there is a metagang (see question one), what would it be called? (I like the Khindly Ones, personally. Twisted Evil )

'Cause nobody laughs when they leave
-Nobody Laughs when they Leave, The Residents

Löwe Geschlecht:Männlich Ziege OfflinePersönliche Galerie von PneumonicaBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Primus Magicus
Blue Moon Emperor****
Blue Moon Emperor****

netherlands.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 19 März, 2008 10:01  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Well the chosen of infinity character has a real name in the book, but I can't remember from my head and don't have the book in front of me right now.
Well looking at the jobs PitPan (as a leader) and the chosen one have to fulfill I think they are "stand alones" and don't belong to a specific gang.
If you read the text of khind cards, there are some things like "A khinds best friend is a Khind" (Khind 29). I would consider this as their motto and thereby PitPan, Khindkin and the chosen one are protected by/can fight with every gang, but I am not so sure if you can really call it "members" of every gang. If there is something like a metagang I think the khind just use the word 'the khind' for it, since no specific names or so are known.
As for refering to things like "the Army of No" or the "Hedgerow Tops"; In the book or on the card texts I don't remember anything mentioned like this. I do have the feeling that other races/peoples do not use words like that, just khind or khind gang or something (maybe they dont even know gang names) and I doubt the khind will use words like that to describe themselves. It could be just me feeling about it, but "the Army of No" seems to give an extra meaning on the gang like "we are the best gang" or "we are great" or something and I doubt the khind really feel that way... they just belong to the khind race and are proud of it. Gangs are just their way of combat i guess. I would keep it to there""motto": "A khinds best friend is a Khind" and not "A khinds best friend is a gangmember". The text on pitpan also complies with this: "Khind FIGHT in gangs. One for All, All for one, for a Khinder world".
Khind card 28 describes 2 kinds of people; the Khind and the unkind.

Jungfrau Geschlecht:Männlich Tiger OfflinePersönliche Galerie von Primus MagicusBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenMSN Messenger
Pneumonica
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

usa.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 19 März, 2008 16:04  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Primus Magicus hat folgendes geschrieben:
I would keep it to there""motto": "A khinds best friend is a Khind" and not "A khinds best friend is a gangmember". The text on pitpan also complies with this: "Khind FIGHT in gangs. One for All, All for one, for a Khinder world".
Khind card 28 describes 2 kinds of people; the Khind and the unkind.

Well, my feeling around a lot of the text (which I don't have in front of me at the moment) is that the combat gangs already existed, but the gangs weren't originally for fighting. Based on what was put, the Khind seem to be the backbone of all mass-labor tasks that don't require elephantine strength (for this we have the Terrah). They're essentially a self-organizing, self-sustaining, highly mobile labor force. The gangs are a sort of "collective bargaining unit" - they worked as a single unit.

The collective attitudes of the Khind in the cards always struck me as being more a product of the Dark Age itself. Everybody assumed the Khind were cockroaches to be trod underfoot. Being Khind, they had one response - bigger tasks means bigger collections. The gangs banded together to form a Khind army. While I doubt the gangs squabbled much before the Night of Doom, I would be astonished if there wasn't a certain level of competitiveness between them. They're childlike, after all.

There's a whole lot of text in the cards that shows a Khind attitude of using the Dark Age as a way of proving themselves, that they aren't just weak children who never grow up, but are a force both valuable and dangerous, and certainly not one to be ignored or discounted. And anybody who's come up against the entirety of the Cool gang learned that lesson in spades. Laughing

As for names, it isn't needed, but usually when people form organizations they give those organizations names. Especially kids, and Khind are all childlike. I mean, their leader is Pit(er)Pan, for crying out loud.

Löwe Geschlecht:Männlich Ziege OfflinePersönliche Galerie von PneumonicaBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Primus Magicus
Blue Moon Emperor****
Blue Moon Emperor****

netherlands.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 19 März, 2008 21:19  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Well now you write it like this and reading some khind cards I can indeed imagine they also are competetative among other khinds. but what I more tried to point out is that gangs dont hate other gangs and non-gang chars like khindkin are not "on there own" or "member of every gang". (I guess that would make khindkin a traitor to gangs right?)

Jungfrau Geschlecht:Männlich Tiger OfflinePersönliche Galerie von Primus MagicusBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenMSN Messenger
Pneumonica
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

usa.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 19 März, 2008 21:44  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Primus Magicus hat folgendes geschrieben:
Well now you write it like this and reading some khind cards I can indeed imagine they also are competetative among other khinds. but what I more tried to point out is that gangs dont hate other gangs and non-gang chars like khindkin are not "on there own" or "member of every gang". (I guess that would make khindkin a traitor to gangs right?)

Oh, no, that wasn't what I was implying at all. KhindKin is specifically able to attach to any gang (indeed, to any chara), and PitPan wouldn't be a leader if he were some kind of turncoat. What I'm saying is that there are some Khind who aren't tied to a particular gang, and what their social niche is. My imagining is that they went from being members of a particualr gang to something grander than mere gang membership (like PitPan, who leads all gangs, and KhindKin, who joins all gangs).

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

Forensicherheit

213981 Angriffe abgewehrt

Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde