Inoffizielle Völker Strategien der Hoax Strategien der Aqua Strategien der Pillar Strategien der Mimix Strategien der Flit Strategien der Khind Strategien der Terrah Strategien der Vulca Home
 Home  •  Blue Moon Fans Foren-Übersicht  •  Blue Moon Ligen  •  Download  •  Album  •  Suchen  •  Letzte Themen
Profil  •  Lesezeichen  •  Neue Beiträge  •  Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen  •  Login  •  Registrieren
Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 11 Jun, 2008 20:21  Titel:  Use of promotional cards Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

This came up as an aside to a discussion on the BoardGameGeek, where most people play preconstructed decks. This is however about deck building.

The first question is whether when you deck build you allow promotional cards. In particular what about league play.

The second question depends on the answer to the first question.

If the answer was yes, then does anyone actually used any of the promotional cards? Has anyone used one in a successful deck? (OK, that's two questions.)

If the answer was no, what do you think the answers would be if they were allowed?

(Obviously I'll understand answers in English best. If you do answer in German, make it simple German please.)

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
Jack
Blue Moon Emperor***
Blue Moon Emperor***

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 11 Jun, 2008 20:46  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

As far as I know promotional cards are generally allowed, at least in online league.

Of course you can find the buka promotial ship in almost every buka deck. Wink
But concerning the other promotial cards, I only encounter the Spirits of Wind at times.

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von JackBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Dwragon
GottdesunerklärlicherfolgreichenDeckbaus
GottdesunerklärlicherfolgreichenDeckbaus

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 11 Jun, 2008 20:57  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

In some decks the Spirits of Water were of good use, spirits of Wind makes it in more decks. Spirits of Water is useful to get rid of Chosen of Nature and to get rid of your last cards if you are in front.

Waage Geschlecht:Männlich Ratte OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DwragonBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
mensaman
Blue Moon Leader***
Blue Moon Leader***

sweden.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 11 Jun, 2008 21:47  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Of course the Buka ship is an exception and played in every Buka deck. The sprits of fire and earth are unplayable, the spirits of water seem to be playable but were not included in any successful deck yet. The spirits of wind are definitely the best card but from my point of view they are not played that often. I guess that I once played in a 40-card Mimix control deck which was designed for a tournament in which I expected good Aqua and Terrah players. In other decks in my opinion it is too situative and reactive.

Widder Geschlecht:Männlich Büffel OfflinePersönliche Galerie von mensamanBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Primus Magicus
Blue Moon Emperor****
Blue Moon Emperor****

netherlands.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 11 Jun, 2008 23:22  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Well when the cards were new you would usually see people trying them out in their decks, but so far only windspirit seems to be succesfull. (except for the buka ship, which is a must card for buka) Waterspirtit can be good, but never see it anymore. I myself have used Firespirit in some decks, but in all decks the card eventually was replaced by something else. Earthspirit seems by far the worst promo card to me. Even if I knew I was going to play hoax-weavetongue I am not sure if I would spend a moon on this card.. but never used or played against earthspirit so can't tell from experience;)
In the end I do think they should be allowed (especially the buka promo, a real shame that card is not in the standard deck!!). I liked the cards itself but I never liked the general idea of promo cards for blue moon, since a big factor for me to start with this game was that it was not a collectible game.

Jungfrau Geschlecht:Männlich Tiger OfflinePersönliche Galerie von Primus MagicusBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenMSN Messenger
kilrah
Gott der Taktiken
Gott der Taktiken

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 12 Jun, 2008 09:42  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

The promos are allowed in league play. Their usefulness isn't that big however, and they are with the exception of the Buka ship rarely seen.

Personally I have used all of them except the Fire spirit which I consider completely useless. But I only use the Water Spirit at least semi regulary.

Water Spirit is very useful when you have risky cards in a non Razor-Mind deck or when you employ a deck that strongly focusses on ending play early. IIRC my Flit-EM Deck had the Water Spirit in it

Wind Spirit is okish, but nothing spectacular.

Earth Spirit is a gamble mostly, but at least it acts like a card with a replacement icon, speeding up deck flow. I used it in a killer Khind deck.

Fire Spirit is IMHO useless. Trade one card for one enemy card. Maybe possible to use in a Pillar deck or for luck junkies.

Which leaves Sea Moon. The capacity makes it pretty much useless. However, the special text is strong to combine with one of your other, bigger ships. That one is really an essential card.

Krebs Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von kilrahBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Ruwenzori
Gott der eindeutigen Zweideutigkeit

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 12 Jun, 2008 10:00  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

On offline league meetings they are allowed in general.

About the usefulness everything has already been said.

Löwe Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von RuwenzoriBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 12 Jun, 2008 20:22  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Thanks for all those answers, they just inspire one more to be complete:

Has anyone had any reason to use Sea Moon in a non-Buka deck?

(I strongly suspect the answer no, but just checking.)

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
Melty
Gott der animierten Signaturen

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 12 Jun, 2008 20:38  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Dearlove hat folgendes geschrieben:
Has anyone had any reason to use Sea Moon in a non-Buka deck?

(I strongly suspect the answer no, but just checking.)

no. all ships are too expensive

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von MeltyBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Primus Magicus
Blue Moon Emperor****
Blue Moon Emperor****

netherlands.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 12 Jun, 2008 22:04  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Have been thinking about it. But as with most of my ideas or nice decks i have seen here in this forum i never had the time to test it out. But it is just a nice card to hold a mutant. So maybe if your deck is build in such a way that a mutant could make your hand stuck then this could be a usefull card. Cost-effective wise its not the best solution but it is one. And your opponent will usually never expect it and a mutant (well aquatic armor or wild unicorn would do the same aswell ofcourse) on a ship is a constant visible threat for the opponent and will likely prevent him from using lots of cards in one turn unless he has mekarthas/fog etc to ignore the shields or preventing the card being used to counter his.

Jungfrau Geschlecht:Männlich Tiger OfflinePersönliche Galerie von Primus MagicusBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenMSN Messenger
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 12 Jun, 2008 22:54  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Melty hat folgendes geschrieben:
all ships are too expensive

Interesting.

Our fear was if we made ships too cheap, they'd be overpowered in a Mimix or Khind deck, rather too easy to put a pair or gang together. Once it was only Buka characters free, not really a danger in other decks. (Something too expensive just won't be used. Something too cheap could be unbalancing.)

Melty

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 12 Jun, 2008 23:48  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

oh... and i thought they would be so expensive to be sure for them not to be used in other decks as buka, because that are THEIR ships.

the same with Buka 23 "Geist des alten Goo Laa". every mutant has 0 moons, why has goo laa 3? because it is THEIR "mutant"? Wink

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von MeltyBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Ruwenzori

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 13 Jun, 2008 08:06  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

I tried several non-Buka decks with ships, but all to not much success. So I finally left it.

Löwe Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von RuwenzoriBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
mensaman
Blue Moon Leader***
Blue Moon Leader***

sweden.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 13 Jun, 2008 10:47  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

I don't think that the best opportunity of the ships is that you can collect a gang or some other combos but the fact that they work as virtual cards in your hand. This offers great flexibility and enables control strategies because it is possible to store solutions outside your hand which guarantees a certain flow through the deck. However all ships are too expensive outside Buka Decks. I don't think that Blue Moon would be more unbalanced if they were cheaper because other people have a certain number of cards that they definitely want to play at the beginning of the turn. If they would run a ship instead of a leadership this would cost some virtual moons (the moons of the leadership that is not played). The other possibility is to decrease the number of hylae which also is a problem. Perhaps the Promo and Storage 3 ship would be very powerful if they were cheaper but Blue Moon can never be unbalanced because you can only use one copy of each card in your deck.

Widder Geschlecht:Männlich Büffel OfflinePersönliche Galerie von mensamanBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 13 Jun, 2008 19:49  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Melty hat folgendes geschrieben:
the same with Buka 23 "Geist des alten Goo Laa". every mutant has 0 moons, why has goo laa 3? because it is THEIR "mutant"?

Thematically, the Buka shouldn't have a mutant, so they don't. But the function is useful, so they wanted one. But for it to have zero value in a Buka deck, it needed to either have zero moons, or be a Buka card. Obviously we went with the latter, but why not the former? Basically because, unless you are playing with Hyla, Old Goo Laa is a mutant without a condition to satisfy. Other mutants take effort to play. Why three moons? Well, that's just how it came out (again on the better safe and high than dangerous and low logic).

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum herunterladen

Forensicherheit

213983 Angriffe abgewehrt

Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde