Inoffizielle Völker Strategien der Hoax Strategien der Aqua Strategien der Pillar Strategien der Mimix Strategien der Flit Strategien der Khind Strategien der Terrah Strategien der Vulca Home
 Home  •  Blue Moon Fans Foren-Übersicht  •  Blue Moon Ligen  •  Download  •  Album  •  Suchen  •  Letzte Themen
Profil  •  Lesezeichen  •  Neue Beiträge  •  Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen  •  Login  •  Registrieren
Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 06 Dez, 2004 22:09  Titel:  Alternative English/German deck files for CardTable Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Since this seems to be the place to discuss this...

I've played one game using CardTable from the Blue Moon Liga site and thought that the English support in the pop up text could be improved. Based on that if a job's worth doing, do it yourself, I've created modified some modified deck files. Because English only isn't what you want playing against a German the files are English and German, but English first.

So what's new. First everything is fully dual-language, and includes card names, icons and even words like Support and even Moons in English as well as German. Second I've reordered things. I found that, trying to learn the interface as well as play, I sometimes pulled out the wrong type of card, so I've made the Character/Booster/Support/Leadership type more prominent. I've also change the 6/3 format to 6F 3E which I think is clearer (and fortunately based on our common heritage we have similar words for the elements). The one case I've removed information is that I've retained the [5F] notation for a shield, without using the word. There are some other minor changes (deck initial letters for example).

The cards are English first then German, which works better for an English speaker. I should image a piece of Perl or something similar could create a German then English version in less time than its taking me to type this. Note that where the card names is the same in both languages I don't repeat it.

Only the card names and the general reformatting are mine, fortunately the English text had already been entered. (I proofread it incidentally, should anyone care.) Germans may find having the original and translated names together interesting. The subtle change in the Khind names is odd.

It's still not perfect for the English user, the card types are still in German for constructed deck building. This takes renaming directories. I may do that sometime. The card images being in German is no problem at all I think - you can't read the text anyway. Whether you'd be allowed to use these files in the online league I've no idea.

Obviously comments, corrections (I hope not, but always possible, and I found quite a few myself checking them) etc. welcome. If the Blue Moon Liga people want to pick this up, they are more than welcome on the one condition that if they find and correct an error they also let me know about it.

Almost forgot. Where are they? At http://www.mnemosyne.demon.co.uk/bgames/bluemoon. I should note that this is a completely unofficial project (I haven't even mentioned it to anyone official, I'm actually relying on the acceptability of the Blue Moon Liga site).

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
Ruwenzori
Gott der eindeutigen Zweideutigkeit

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 06 Dez, 2004 23:08  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

@Dearlove: thanks for the new texts. I had exactly the same problems as you described. It is much more useful now.

I will also care for the German rearrangement and sent you the result for upload to your site soon.

best regards
Ruwi

PS: German flipped version has been sent to Dearlove for Uploading to his website.

Löwe Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von RuwenzoriBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Randan
Blue Moon Emperor**
Blue Moon Emperor**

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Di 07 Dez, 2004 01:59  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Great Work Dearlove! Surprised Sure, we would like to pick it up. We will put your DataFile and your Standard Decks in the Next version of "Blue Moon CT".

I found a few Errors within your German Cardnames for example you had written "Banne den Gegne" you forgot the "r". The right Name of the Card is "Banne den Gegner". But its not a big Problem, i can over wright them. Wink

Greetings Randan

Jungfrau Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von RandanBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchenAIM-NameICQ-Nummer
Ruwenzori

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Di 07 Dez, 2004 10:26  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

I think someone should counter-read all cards to check the correctness (esp. the F/E values) before they can be used for tournaments.

If a proofed version is available, I can repeat the step of flipping the English/German texts.

But what about other languages? The flip programm could easily generate any combination of 2 languages, provided that someone volunteers to translate the texts to that language. And of course one language that both players would understand should be present in each of the players decks.

Ruwi

Löwe Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von RuwenzoriBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
KivasFajo
Blue Moon Leader***
Blue Moon Leader***

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Di 07 Dez, 2004 13:41  Titel:  Re: Alternative English/German deck files for CardTable Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Dearlove hat folgendes geschrieben:

It's still not perfect for the English user, the card types are still in German for constructed deck building. This takes renaming directories. I may do that sometime. The card images being in German is no problem at all I think - you can't read the text anyway. Whether you'd be allowed to use these files in the online league I've no idea.

I think in the next version we should offer the English/German and the German/English version of the Blue Moon DataFile. I'm not sure if we should additionally offer "only German" and "only English" versions?

It is also possible to install the (German) images into translated folders (for example: Aqua Anfuehreraktion + Aqua Leadership) without increasing the size of the setup.
I have to adjust the script that automatically updates existing decks in order to support this dual-language changes, but this is also possible.
I'll do the translation of the folder names myself (including the translation in the English/German DataFile).

Please let me know as soon as there are proof-read versions of the English/German and German/English DataFiles available. It is not necessary to translate the standard decks, because the deck update feature of the setup takes care about that.

Zwillinge Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von KivasFajoBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchenYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ-Nummer
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Di 07 Dez, 2004 20:09  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Randan hat folgendes geschrieben:
I found a few Errors within your German Cardnames for example you had written "Banne den Gegne" you forgot the "r". The right Name of the Card is "Banne den Gegner". But its not a big Problem, i can over wright them.

(Smiley removed, that's not an error in the last line above.) I took the names from the original files: but in the cutting and pasting I did I might have clipped a name or two (or three, or ...). I'd appreciate knowing what the corrections are, so I can update my copies. I've been sent a flipped version, so obviously I want to check if that's before or after correction too.

I see someone else has said they should be proofread before tournament use. Absolutely, the more the better.

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Di 07 Dez, 2004 20:20  Titel:  Re: Alternative English/German deck files for CardTable Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

KivasFajo hat folgendes geschrieben:
I think in the next version we should offer the English/German and the German/English version of the Blue Moon DataFile. I'm not sure if we should additionally offer "only German" and "only English" versions?

Perfectly reasonable - except that it might be reasonable in an online league to say that it may be reasonable to request a player to use his opponent's language in second place.

By the way, if you all get everything corrected, multiple language versions, etc. done without needing me, good. I do want however for there to be no known errors on my website (whether by correction or withdrawal when in the mainstream).

Incidentally the original texts - did someone have to type that in from the cards, or did you manage a shortcut? I couldn't find a single error in the English special power text - and all the line breaks were as on the cards. (Even my copy of the official spreadsheet doesn't have that.) If it was hard work, my congratulations to whoever did it.

JeffK
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

usa.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 08 Dez, 2004 00:51  Titel:  Re: Alternative English/German deck files for CardTable Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

KivasFajo hat folgendes geschrieben:

I don't think you need English only versions, or German only versions. I think the idea of having German/English or English/German files is the best. I wouldn't install English only files, even though I don't know German, simply out of consideration for opponents whose preferred language might be German.

OfflinePersönliche Galerie von JeffKBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
KivasFajo
Blue Moon Leader***
Blue Moon Leader***

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 08 Dez, 2004 01:10  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

@JeffK:
Even if you can change the language of all your decks immediately before a game by just running the last setup/update again?

Zwillinge Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von KivasFajoBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchenYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ-Nummer
JeffK
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

usa.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 08 Dez, 2004 02:19  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

I don't found the German text all that distracting, so I would just keep it set up with English/German. Since Christopher Dearlove went to all the work of adding in the english card names I have no problem building a deck, which was the main difficulty with the current official version. I actually think his version is the perfect compromise.

OfflinePersönliche Galerie von JeffKBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Ruwenzori

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 08 Dez, 2004 10:25  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

I would prefer to have the 2 language version only. Every other solution seems too much complicated for me.

Ruwi

Ruwenzori

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 09 Dez, 2004 01:15  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

I did the proof reading for the complete Set File and sent the en/de and the flipped de/en version to dearlove. Should be sent to KivasFajo to make the 6 Standard Decks out of the Set (when I got this right - setup can do this job).

I found some typos, corrected card types in Flit cards, and replaced the original texts by those corrections to be found in German FAQ (mostly incorrect translations to German). F/E values and moon numbers were always correct already. Because lack of time I did not make a change history. It can be done by words document compare option or similar software.

Have fun...

Ruwi

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Ruwenzori am Mo 13 Dez, 2004 12:43, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 10 Dez, 2004 01:42  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Ruwenzori hat folgendes geschrieben:
I did the proof reading for the complete Set File and sent the en/de and the flipped de/en version to dearlove.

Thanks for that. I've put the corrections into the separate deck files (I think correctly, but I don't have a tool to do it automatically) but only for English/German, German/English is just Ruwenzori's flipped overall file. The only changes I've made to the combined files are to the comment lines at the top (the original had an error, also expanded credits). The files are on my web site.
Zitat:

Should be sent to KivasFajo to make the 6 Standard Decks out of the Set (when I got this right - setup can do this job).

I'll let someone else do this.
Zitat:

I found some typos, corrected card types in Flit cards, and replaced the original texts by those corrections to be found in German FAQ (mostly incorrect translations to German).

Interesting, I hadn't heard about these. I'm just assuming official and correct.

Ruwenzori

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 10 Dez, 2004 11:31  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

regarding FAQ-corrected texts: yes, your texts were those printed on the German cards. But later on people found errors, most of them translation errors into German language (e.g. "if I retreat now..." has been translated into German without the "now" - meaning something quite different, you could retreat the whole game without the word "now") and one of them making a correction on the printed text, which was just wrong (this is the text on the 3 Terrah storm cards, the word "total" had a misinterpretable meaning and is now clear).

[s]Pls. find the 6 flipped German Standard decks enclosed.[/s] uh this forum can't strike code. OK then imagine this line to be striked thru Smile
edit: Attachment deleted, now in CardTable Setup v2.2 included.

Ruwi

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Ruwenzori am Mo 13 Dez, 2004 12:46, insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet
KivasFajo
Blue Moon Leader***
Blue Moon Leader***

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 10 Dez, 2004 23:39  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

FYI, I finished my new BlueMoonCT-Setup 2.2.
You can download it from the Blue Moon League page.

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum herunterladen

Forensicherheit

212440 Angriffe abgewehrt

Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde