Inoffizielle Völker Strategien der Hoax Strategien der Aqua Strategien der Pillar Strategien der Mimix Strategien der Flit Strategien der Khind Strategien der Terrah Strategien der Vulca Home
 Home  •  Blue Moon Fans Foren-Übersicht  •  Blue Moon Ligen  •  Download  •  Album  •  Suchen  •  Letzte Themen
Profil  •  Lesezeichen  •  Neue Beiträge  •  Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen  •  Login  •  Registrieren
Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Lachwurzn
Gott der Signaturen
Gott der Signaturen

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 06 Dez, 2004 09:40  Titel:  FAQ discussion Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

As we apparently can't answer to your FAQ forum topic directly, I'll pose this here...

Zitat:
there's a tantalising little hint on page 19 of the rulebook: 'Future cards may change the deck building rules.'

I know that you are not supposed to tell more than has been stated before, but based on simple logic, this would most probably be the "leader cards" where the maximum number of cards and moons is listed, right ? At least I don't see any other theoretical way of doing this without an addendum to the basic rules (which I don't expect as it would be against the Blue Moon habit Wink...

Widder Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von LachwurznBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Lachwurzn
Gott der Signaturen
Gott der Signaturen

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 06 Dez, 2004 09:48  Titel:  Original language and translations Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Zitat:
The game rules and cards were all first developed in English, and later translated into German, Dutch and American. (Not much translation needed in the latter case, most obviously "armour" to "armor".) Of course the published versions are all officially approved.

Thanks for clarifying this once and forever. We of course now assume that this process will hold true for any later cards or other extensions as well.

And of course I assume that you will not give even the slightest hint about plans to perform translation into other languages (such as French)... Wink

Widder Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von LachwurznBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Lachwurzn
Gott der Signaturen
Gott der Signaturen

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 06 Dez, 2004 09:54  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Zitat:
These are unofficial peoples, created by fans, and not part of the Blue Moon world. This FAQ must and does disregard them entirely.

We fully understand that and any FAQs for these unofficial peoples have to be handled by the people "owners" anyway.

But a personal question (not to Kosmos, but to you as a private person)... do you follow what is going on in this area ? Do you see a "market" for additional fan sets provided that they are translated into English (the Daria are now available in German, English and Dutch) ?
Please note that "market" strictly refers to non-commercial and private fun-based usage as there will never be any commercial intentions with these unofficial peoples.

Lachwurzn
Gott der Signaturen
Gott der Signaturen

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 06 Dez, 2004 10:01  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Zitat:
...you can have as many mutants as you want in a deck (provided they are all different of course, so currently the limit is six).

...which is an indirect confirmation that new peoples will bring new mutants. Judging from the current principles, it will be one new mutant for each peoples set, but I haven't seen any rule anywhere confirming this.

Has there been any discussion within Kosmos to either limit the maximum number of mutants or whether they are really balanced (some mutants will always seem to be "better" than others) from one to the other ?

Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 06 Dez, 2004 20:12  Titel:  Re: Original language and translations Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Lachwurzn hat folgendes geschrieben:
And of course I assume that you will not give even the slightest hint about plans to perform translation into other languages (such as French)

I can tell you everything I know about French plans ... that didn't take long. All I know about the Dutch version is what I've seen on Kosmos's site (which I just decided was worth adding, although I had nothing new to say). Similarly all other non-English, non-German languages.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Dearlove am Mo 06 Dez, 2004 20:47, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
 Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 06 Dez, 2004 20:28  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

But a personal question (not to Kosmos, but to you as a private person)... do you follow what is going on in this area ?

No. (Actually I click on the links just to turn them blue, but immediately go back without reading. There must be a better way.) Here's the problem. Suppose in some future expansion (this is hypothetical, it's just the easiest example) something appeared which was rather like something in one of these sets. This could cause Reiner Knizia a problem (copyright, all that stuff - and I doubt disclaimers would help, but I'm no lawyer). So he can't and won't even look at them. Now as it's conceivable that if such an expansion occurred that I could be asked to playtest it (and note that playtesting involves feedback of suggestions) it's just easier if I do the same. No one's actually told me Don't Do That but it's just easier that way. Of course this might be over-cautious, but it's a tradeoff I don't have a problem with.
Zitat:

Do you see a "market" for additional fan sets provided that they are translated into English (the Daria are now available in German, English and Dutch) ?

I don't know. I actually am probably the worst person to ask here.
Zitat:

Please note that "market" strictly refers to non-commercial and private fun-based usage as there will never be any commercial intentions with these unofficial peoples.

That's between you, Kosmos (I've seen their statement), Fantasy Flight etc. and thankfully nothing to do with me.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Dearlove am Mo 06 Dez, 2004 20:49, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
 Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 06 Dez, 2004 20:46  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

...which is an indirect confirmation that new peoples will bring new mutants.

I'm not going to push the point, but actually I have been known to make statements of that form even when things aren't going to change, just to keep you all guessing. And sometimes coming up with a wording can be quite difficult. (Something I wrote recently had a slightly poor English sentence. It would have read better with "a" or "the" inserted - except then it would not have been true as there's going to be a second way to do things in that particular regard.)
Zitat:

Has there been any discussion within Kosmos to either limit the maximum number of mutants or whether they are really balanced (some mutants will always seem to be "better" than others) from one to the other ?

Well, within Kosmos isn't quite the way it works, but widening it to everyone involved, I'd say two things. First a limit on mutants really isn't necessary. Line up all the six (or more?!) mutants and build a deck. You'll find you don't want all of them. Heavy mutant decks were playtested, they suffer from hand blockage because of the conditional play rules. So it seems to work as it is. Are they all equal? Well there are two things to consider here. First do the preconstructed decks work (are balanced) with the mutants they get. That seems to be the consensus - and most if not all of the mutants fit well with the people who have them. Are they equally balanced in constructed play? Well, personally I find some generally more useful than others in general, so in that sense, maybe not. But that's not exactly the issue. Are there some which never get used? A shame, but not a disaster. Are there some which are always used? (That would be a problem.) I think no, I've certainly built mutant-free decks and not felt the loss. But these are questions for a consensus of experienced players.

Sebastian Rapp / Kosmos
Kosmos-Mitarbeiter
Kosmos-Mitarbeiter

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Di 07 Dez, 2004 10:56  Titel:  Re: Original language and translations Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

And of course I assume that you will not give even the slightest hint about plans to perform translation into other languages (such as French)... Wink

I can give you a general hint: French version should already be available. Other foreign languages are not "planned". We have license partners all over Europe, in Asia and America. If one of our partners (or a new interested party as well!) shows interest in licensing Blue Moon, we will negotiate this issue gladly. As far as I know, actually, there are no further foreign editions "planned". But this can change soon!

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von Sebastian Rapp / KosmosBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum herunterladen

Forensicherheit

214021 Angriffe abgewehrt

Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde