Inoffizielle Völker Strategien der Hoax Strategien der Aqua Strategien der Pillar Strategien der Mimix Strategien der Flit Strategien der Khind Strategien der Terrah Strategien der Vulca Home
 Home  •  Blue Moon Fans Foren-Übersicht  •  Blue Moon Ligen  •  Download  •  Album  •  Suchen  •  Letzte Themen
Profil  •  Lesezeichen  •  Neue Beiträge  •  Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen  •  Login  •  Registrieren
Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
orangeblood
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

usa.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 25 Feb, 2005 21:58  Titel:  More about the legend Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

I've seen snippets of conversation about the Blue Moon legend both here and on BGG, so I thought I'd jump-start this folder again. Christopher said we should read through the cards in order, so I did.

I own Vulca, Hoax, Khind, and Terrah... and I can make the following observations:

--The Vulca and Hoax seem particularly perturbed with one another, as each mentions the other a few times. I didn't see that sort of specific rivalry in the other two decks.

--The Mimix and Flit take a few stabs at each other (got this from reading the cards on Blue-Moon-Games.com).

--The Khind, however, are willing to spread their disdain across most of the other peoples.

--The Flit cannot construct sentences very well. Even the mutants are more eloquent.

Christopher said: "Within the game - or more precisely within the Legend (so this really belongs in that topic) there is a Blue Moon which is referred to as a personality. I'm not going to do all the work for you, but see for example the Tome of Wisdom (Hoax 20) text. For what the current situation is, Blaze (Vulca 06) should provide the answer. For the future ... who knows?"

My wild comments:

--There is mention of a Blue Moon god-type figure, who went away on the Night of Doom. I don't believe the reason for his departure has been given.

--Blue Moon shone his light through the Cyrstal of Psi, which was shattered. So it's possible that Blue Moon never left... but once the crystal was shattered, there was nothing left for him to shine his light through.

--I suppose it's also possible that Blue Moon isn't really the god the peoples think he is, and is just a moon, whose light is unseen unless there's a really neat crystal around.

Finally:

--The prince and princess are really a couple of (adopted) brats, who don't deserve to take the old King's place. They are responsible for the shattering of the crystal and the destruction of the temples and the creation of the mutants -- and the Night of Doom. Why would any of these reasonably intelligent peoples fight for either of them?

--Blue Moon City was a hell of a place before the Night of Doom. I wonder what other cities there are on this mysterious world? There is a Queen who had left the city a while back, and then heard the cry of the Crystal, and is journeying to meet the heirs. Boy, is she in for a surprise.

--The dragons are really depressed.

All for now,

Rex

Wassermann Geschlecht:Männlich Schwein OfflinePersönliche Galerie von orangebloodBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
tw252
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

blank.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 26 Feb, 2005 08:10  Titel:  You should own Mimix and Flit as well...... Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Surprised Laughing Cool Very Happy

OfflinePersönliche Galerie von tw252Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Revenge
Göttin der Rache
Göttin der Rache

norway.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 02 März, 2005 21:45  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Are the prince and princess in your opinion humans? Or what?

And leave the inside for demons to take

Jungfrau Geschlecht:Weiblich Büffel VerstecktPersönliche Galerie von RevengeBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchenICQ-Nummer
LaBärd IV.
Gott der LaBärei
Gott der LaBärei

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 02 März, 2005 22:49  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

@ revenge: They're "what" Laughing

Schütze Geschlecht:Männlich Tiger OfflinePersönliche Galerie von LaBärd IV.Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchenICQ-Nummer
orangeblood
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

usa.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 03 März, 2005 06:01  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Revenge hat folgendes geschrieben:
Are the prince and princess in your opinion humans? Or what?

Good question. I'm not sure how they were able to fling all that magic around during the "ceremonial contest."

"Tragedy struck the succession contest when Prince Roland and Princess Elinor misused the divine gift of Psi to spur on their fighting animals."

I guess they could be human. They messed things up like humans do. Rolling Eyes

Wassermann Geschlecht:Männlich Schwein OfflinePersönliche Galerie von orangebloodBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 03 März, 2005 23:28  Titel: Witzig Re: More about the legend Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

orangeblood hat folgendes geschrieben:
Why would any of these reasonably intelligent peoples fight for either of them?

Well in the absence of Hyla 605 (E&I 2) the best I can offer is Hyla Piplox (604) in the context of the Inquisitor quotes. The Hyla quotes are good too.

(No, not an answer, quite the opposite.)

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
orangeblood
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

usa.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 04 März, 2005 00:48  Titel: Witzig Re: More about the legend Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Dearlove hat folgendes geschrieben:
Why would any of these reasonably intelligent peoples fight for either of them?

Well in the absence of Hyla 605 (E&I 2) the best I can offer is Hyla Piplox (604) in the context of the Inquisitor quotes. The Hyla quotes are good too.

(No, not an answer, quite the opposite.)

The Hyla are melancholy bunch, eh? They don't like Inquisitors, who seem to promote the violence by egging on the peoples in support of one of the royal heirs.

Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 04 März, 2005 01:47  Titel: Witzig Re: More about the legend Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Inquisitors, who seem to promote the violence by egging on the peoples in support of one of the royal heirs.

Quick "pop" question: Does 'Inquisitor' have positive or negative overtones for you? Do you think the designer/playtesters had this in mind when the name was suggested? (not by me, although I was there). [The answer to the second question is yes if you get the first question 'right'.]

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
orangeblood
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

usa.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 04 März, 2005 02:57  Titel: Witzig Re: More about the legend Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Dearlove hat folgendes geschrieben:
Inquisitors, who seem to promote the violence by egging on the peoples in support of one of the royal heirs.

Quick "pop" question: Does 'Inquisitor' have positive or negative overtones for you? Do you think the designer/playtesters had this in mind when the name was suggested? (not by me, although I was there). [The answer to the second question is yes if you get the first question 'right'.]

Negative, for sure:

Main Entry: in·quis·i·tor
Pronunciation: in-'kwi-z&-t&r
Function: noun
: one who inquires or makes inquisition; especially : one who is unduly harsh, severe, or hostile in making an inquiry

Revenge
Göttin der Rache
Göttin der Rache

norway.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 04 März, 2005 11:00  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Zitat:

Does 'Inquisitor' have positive or negative overtones for you? Do you think the designer/playtesters had this in mind when the name was suggested?

1. Question: 100% negative! They are a very effective instrument of surpression and terror.
2. Question: I think the G&I-designers wanted to have a charakter-type (sure, the inquisitors in BM are not characters, but I mean "a type of person") that supports the prince and princess 100%-ly. They needed someone a) who has much power and influence and b) who is fanatic and willing to make use of this power for a "bigger aim". And look at the FT - they are not very friendly... I think, they could name the cards also for example "The Minister" (or something similar), but an inquisitor is even more fanatic, severe and unscrupulous and also the word "inquisitor" sounds more interesting. It's not an everyday-person. I think the name is a good choice for these cards.

And leave the inside for demons to take

Jungfrau Geschlecht:Weiblich Büffel VerstecktPersönliche Galerie von RevengeBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchenICQ-Nummer
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

Forensicherheit

213981 Angriffe abgewehrt

Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde