Inoffizielle Völker Strategien der Hoax Strategien der Aqua Strategien der Pillar Strategien der Mimix Strategien der Flit Strategien der Khind Strategien der Terrah Strategien der Vulca Home
 Home  •  Blue Moon Fans Foren-Übersicht  •  Blue Moon Ligen  •  Download  •  Album  •  Suchen  •  Letzte Themen
Profil  •  Lesezeichen  •  Neue Beiträge  •  Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen  •  Login  •  Registrieren
Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Do 04 Nov, 2004 21:41  Titel:  What's this for? Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Well, as it says, anything relevant to playing the game better. The most obvious things are basic advice (a bit of that below), how to play particular peoples, and deck suggestions. If the last of these takes off then we'll split it off to another topic. In the meanwhile I suggest starting a new thread if you want to describe your new fast kill Terrah deck or Hoax discard deck.

So for anyone new to the game, here's my top two hints (these are, in other words, also in the FAQ list) and a bonus. Feel free however to suggest something you think is more important. I aim to learn from this as well as contribute.

- Just because you can continue a fight doesn't mean you have to. Sometimes giving up the dragon and walking away is the best you can do. This especially applies when your opponent is on 4 or 5 cards and about to gain two dragons when he or she wins.

- Once you move on to the Advanced Game, and you build your own decks, pay careful attention to the proportion of characters in your deck. More boosters and supports can up your strength a lot, so don't have too many characters. But too few characters can really hurt when you draw only one, or worse no, characters. Of course different peoples have different ideal proportions.

As a corollary to the latter, that also applies in the basic game, if you do find yourself short on characters, be ruthless - play cards you don't actually need to get the balance right. It may hurt to waste a card now, but losing a dragon or two before you get to play it hurts more - a lot more.

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
cap
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

canada.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 05 Nov, 2004 07:02  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

I have only just started playing this game very recently but have been enjoying it immensely.

Anyway, when you start to build constructed decks, does everyone just substitute most of the weak character cards for zero moon cards from other decks that are slightly stronger. For example I could substitute one of the hoax 4/0 cards for a vulca 4/2 card.

I guess what I am asking is: is there any use for a weaker card - say with a zero or one strength when I could have a two or three for no extra cost?
Do you want to have a good mix of character cards from the very weak to stronger? I haven't been playing enough to say that I wouldn't always try to swap one card for a stronger one at no extra cost.

OfflinePersönliche Galerie von capBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Lachwurzn
Gott der Signaturen
Gott der Signaturen

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 05 Nov, 2004 09:16  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

> For example I could substitute one of the hoax 4/0 cards for a vulca 4/2 card.

You are absolutely right that replacing these weaker cards is a common strategy. However, you will find that there aren't too many of these examples actually available because the game is very balanced in this respect. And, as you already found, this works for zero moon cards only as all others would immediately decrease the total number of moons from the "always not enough" value of 10...

Widder Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von LachwurznBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
kilrah
Gott der Taktiken
Gott der Taktiken

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 05 Nov, 2004 11:28  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Currently there really aren't many reasons that would make a weakler charakter better. Only one I can come up immediately are cards like the Khid ones that ignore either odd or even values. Here it might be better to have a 3/3 instead of a 4/2 for example. But generally you will replace.

Krebs Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von kilrahBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Geirröd
Gott des Hilfsbereitheid
Gott des Hilfsbereitheid

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 05 Nov, 2004 12:40  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Often it's a more valuable strategy, not to replace the weak cards (0 moons) with other more powerful 0 moon cards, but with cards, which allow you to take the full advantage of your 10 moon limit. Therefore you don' t have to to replace your own powerfull cards to get the powerfull cards of the other fractions.
In fact there are still no reasons to use some cards (the weak characters with no symbols and no special power text), but building your own deck is a bit more complex than it seems to be in the first moment...

Greets Geirröd

Krebs Geschlecht:Männlich Tiger OfflinePersönliche Galerie von GeirrödBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenICQ-Nummer
DrDNA
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

usa.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 05 Nov, 2004 17:24  Titel:  Re: What's this for? Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Dearlove hat folgendes geschrieben:

So for anyone new to the game, here's my top two hints (these are, in other words, also in the FAQ list) and a bonus. Feel free however to suggest something you think is more important. I aim to learn from this as well as contribute.

I'm not sure this is more important than what you suggested, but I think it is at least as important:

KNOW THE DEPLETED DECK ENDGAME RULES WELL.

I found that the better I actually understood the endgame rules and their implications, the more victories I was able to squeeze out of my games. Here are the basics assuming no player won their "fourth" dragon.

First, a player must not have any cards left in his hand or his draw pile. If this happens during a fight, then the fight continues. After the resolution of the fight, the game ends and the player with dragons on his side wins. If all three dragons are in the middle, the player who has no cards is the loser.

Here are some important things to think about when your draw deck is running low:

If you are going to try and force the game to end, you must have at least two dragons on your side. The trick will be to continue the last fight until you only have 3 cards in your hand or 4 if one of them is a leadership card. If you can win this, great. However, it is not necessary unless you only have one dragon on your side or your opponent has six cards in his support/combat area. As soon as you have sufficiently reduced your drawpile/hand, then retreat and move one of your dragons to the middle. It is now your turn to start. At this point you want to toss your last remaining three cards to end the game, but rember you can always play a leadership card BEFORE you decide to toss cards or start the fight. This is very important. Effectively, it allows you to discard four cards. Even better, with cards like the new promo leadership card "WasserGeister: now I can discard three cards and draw the same number from my deck", you can discard seven cards before the next fight. And still better yet, the "discard X cards to attract one dragon" leadership cards are even more powerful. Not only do you get a dragon (maybe one of the three from the middle if the game was close), but you can discard quite a few cards helping you to force the game to end.

This is the part of Blue Moon that I have come to enjoy the most after 30 games.

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DrDNABenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
Lachwurzn
Gott der Signaturen
Gott der Signaturen

austria.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 05 Nov, 2004 18:28  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

> KNOW THE DEPLETED DECK ENDGAME RULES WELL.

Very good advice, DrDNA (what a great name based on your job, Mike - I very much enjoyed your website and am also a fan of "Funkenschlag" Wink and an even better summary and examples of the basic "how-to" endgame strategy.

Please let us know any other of your most-loved tricks. They're very welcome !

Widder Geschlecht:Männlich Drache OfflinePersönliche Galerie von LachwurznBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Kheldar
Blue Moon Fan
Blue Moon Fan

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 05 Nov, 2004 19:30  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

a good memory and knowledge of your oppenents deck can also help a great deal as you can remember what cards have already been played and go some way towards estimating what is still to be played.

OfflinePersönliche Galerie von KheldarBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
diggido
Blue Moon Emperor**
Blue Moon Emperor**

jamaica.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 05 Nov, 2004 19:41  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Kheldar hat folgendes geschrieben:
a good memory and knowledge of your oppenents deck can also help a great deal as you can remember what cards have already been played and go some way towards estimating what is still to be played.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. It's really helpful to know your opponent's remaining cards. Maybe that's one of the most important aspects of the endgame. At least you have an advantage if you know all decks/sets very well. Twisted Evil

Wassermann Geschlecht:Männlich Hahn OfflinePersönliche Galerie von diggidoBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Ladoik
Gott der Rechtschreibung
Gott der Rechtschreibung

germany.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 05 Nov, 2004 19:52  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

You should not only know your oponents Cards remaining. You should even know your own Card's Wink

Zwillinge Geschlecht:Männlich Katze OfflinePersönliche Galerie von LadoikBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
Dearlove
Blue Moon Playtester
Blue Moon Playtester

uk.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 05 Nov, 2004 19:54  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

Zitat:
It's really helpful to know your opponent's remaining cards. Maybe that's one of the most important aspects of the endgame. At least you have an advantage if you know all decks/sets very well.

If you know them that well, it's time to start constructing your own decks. For those who either don't have the memory, or are too idle to count everything, the first thing I'd count is "has my opponent played his mutant?". For other decks there are certain cards to count: how many Storms have I seen (Terrah)?

Geschlecht:Männlich  OfflinePersönliche Galerie von DearloveBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenWebsite dieses Benutzers besuchen
trumpetfish
Gott der extremen Themenrelevanz
Gott der extremen Themenrelevanz

italy.gif
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 05 Nov, 2004 21:03  Titel:  (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach untenNach oben

"Has that f***** Top-Gang been played and which of his chars are left?"
"Has the LS-card 'Open the wondring whatsoever' been played?"
"What about Laughing gas?"

greetings, trumpetfish

Krebs Geschlecht:Männlich Ziege OfflinePersönliche Galerie von trumpetfishBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen Vorheriges Thema anzeigenDieses Thema verschickenZeige Benutzer, die dieses Thema gesehen habenDieses Thema als Datei sichernPrintable versionEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenNächstes Thema anzeigen

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

Forensicherheit

212344 Angriffe abgewehrt

Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde